A website is a source that gives you valuable information about any particular topic. If the website is related to shopping then it gives you the option for most affordable buying links. So, in general, the websites usually help you find the exact information without wasting your valuable time. Websites have been categorized into many genres such as entertainment, shopping, lifestyle, blogging, leisure, education, etc. But there are many websites that make a fool of its user by spamming them or stealing their information and those sites need to be stopped from accessing your android phones. Many websites provide bad content which are not suitable for some age groups and needs special attention.
So we are providing you with some of the important steps through which you can block unwanted websites on android devices.
Blocking Websites via Security app
Security apps create an extra layer of security for accessing websites and contents. Many websites are known for the malware and phishing attempts they make on android device and to protect against them you need Mobile security App. This app blocks all the suspicious websites from opening on your android phone. The list of infected sites are regularly updated in its database and hence it provides superb protection from any website threats.
- Find the malware in the downloaded file before they are accessed on Android devices.
- Personal protection warning if any app tries to gather your information.
- Takes a screenshot of any app that tries for unwanted access.
- Finding a lost phone
- Recovery from a Ransomware attack.
Mobile security app is free to download and its usage is free up to an extent. If you are going to need parental control and safe surfing then you need to pay $20 yearly. However, registration is must for using it in the trial period.
Steps for configuring Mobile Security:
- Open Mobile security and head over to the parental control tab.
- You will be asked to enter your password.
- After that, a new menu will appear with website filters.
- Turn it on by toggle switch.
- Now look for the most appropriate settings and select them.
- You can choose the age group on which this rule has to be implemented.
- Then head over to the blocked list and click on the add button.
- You will be asked to enter the Sitename which you need to block.
- Lastly, save the list and you are done.
Blocking Sites Through Website Blocker
Website blocker is another way to block off unwanted website access on your android phone. One of the best website blockers is “Blocksite”. Some of its main features are that it automatically blocks Adult websites, Work mode that makes breaks and interval for website usage, Blocking bulk websites at once and even unblocking some for a fixed schedule. This app is totally free with no hidden cost or adds.
Steps to configure Blocksite:
- Launch the app and click on + icon to add a new website.
- Type the name of the URL and tab the green tick button.
- Tap the clock icon inside the app and schedule the time frame for the blocked website.
- Tap the toggle switch beside the schedule for applying the settings.
- Go back and see the blocked websites list and rules.
Through Firewalls too, a website can be blocked !!
Firewalls are used to provide monitoring access to any electronic device. It usually blocks the data by using a set of rules. So hence it acts as a barrier between you and the internet. So now the question comes which is the best firewall for such kind of use. Many firewalls work well the android devices are rooted and usually rooting an android device is a risky task in itself.
So here we are going to discuss “No root Firewall” which does not require rooting your android device. With this, you can block any website which is creating problem or which is considered unsafe. It has a different set of rules which applies differently for Wi-Fi and mobile data. This application is free to download, use and does not contain any in-app purchase.
Steps to configure No root Firewall:
- Open the app and select Global Filter Tab on the top bar.
- Tap on New-Pre Filter
- Now enter the address you need to block
- In the Port-filter select the asterisk sign.
- Select Ok and go back to the home tab.
- Now select start and it will start to block all the incoming and outgoing request for the website which is blocked.