Google Chrome is finally going out for the dark mode. After a lot of anticipation and demand directly from the tech world and from various users, Google ultimately agreed to go for dark mode for Google Chrome. This feature is available for Windows, Android, and iOS. The company Google is now rolling out Chrome 74 this week. Finally, the company is sending updates to every user of different platforms. Users of Linux, Windows, Mac, and Android are started to get updates. But one of the main aspects is that there is no simple toggle for this. Google has pushed the update but not specifically for dark mode.
With the new update, you can force it to run dark using a certain trick. However, the company isn’t making it an option in settings with a simple toggle switch to turn it on – at least not yet. If you don’t want to wait for Google to enable the feature fully. Users of Android are also getting updates that are necessary for chrome. Google is also pushing Android Q with these features. But by using some new methods, you can easily set up the dark mode for Google Chrome in Android. As of now, there are several billion users of chrome browser because of its efficiency and enormous benefits.
There are several browsers available in the digital field. Huge companies represent most of them, but chrome is simple, easy and best. The functionality of chrome is designed in such a way that it loads and displays the pages in mini seconds.
Why All Users Use Google Chrome
Unlike other browsers, Google Chrome is a browser that is very easy to handle for everyone. The browser is so standard that even for browsing the internet many users say “I am browsing chrome”. Chrome is so deeply integrated nowadays that using other browsers are so not in fashion. Here are some crucial details on why all users use this browser:
- Loads pages incredibly fast. Any users can easily navigate throughout the browser. The facility of drag and drop into the browser is effortless.
- A user can easily access to all pages and most frequently used pages. It can be accessed with a single click. All these have been possible because of the natural and simple design.
- The browser automatically translates pages into a language that is easy for the user to understand. Anything can be searched directly from the address bar.
- In terms of security, Chrome provides you with high-quality protection for your data. In case if your one tab got affected with a virus or got crashed, then another tab will be safe and secure.
How To Enable Dark Mode For Google Chrome in Windows 10
By choosing the dark mode for Google chrome means that you do not want to get exposed to blue light. But finally, with some new updates, it got just fantastic. This material design is very user-friendly for all operating systems. As Google has not pushed the official update for the dark theme, but then also you can install it by following these steps:
- Enter the setting menu of your system; choose the personalisation section.
- After opening the personalisation section, select the “colour” button.
- After selecting, it will drop down and select “Choose your default app mode”.
- Change the object to ‘Dark’ and even select all apps with a native dark mode.
- And please select it including chrome.
- Apply all the changes and restart your computer. The new dark mode will be installed.
How To Enable Dark Mode For Android
One thing that is crucial with smartphones is that it contains all your personal and essential data. So security is an essential aspect of android phones. The dark mode feature is not officially announced for Android, but still, you are curious about the features then follow these steps:
- To activate dark mode open chrome and enter chrome://flags in the address bar.
- Then tap on the ‘Search flags’ box and enter the work dark.
- After that, you’ll find two options here ‘Android web contents dark mode’ and ‘Android Chrome UI dark mode’.
- If you select the first option, your Google Chrome will detect if a site’s developers have created a dark version and select it automatically.
- And if there’s no dark version available, then the browser will invert the site’s colours. By activating the second option means that the browser interface itself will turn dark.
- Go for the drop-down box under each of these options and change the setting to ‘Activated’, then restart your Chrome.
- So now open the settings menu, select ‘Themes’ and choose ‘Dark’. If you are unable to see the themes option, then restart Chrome. After that, the changes should appear.
How To Enable Dark Mode For iOS or iPadOS
Google hasn’t released any update or notification for the dark mode for Chrome in iOS. There are rumours that Google will push the update soon. If you are an iOS user, then you can try this method for enabling the dark theme:
- First of all, Open ‘Setting’ and select the option ‘General’.
- In General, go for ‘Accessibility’ and after that ‘Display Accommodations’.
- Toggle the ‘Classic invert’ to invert the colour of everything on your device’s screen.
- Or even you can go for ‘Smart Invert’ to leave the image and change everything else. By using this method, you can easily enable the dark mode for Google Chrome without any difficulty.
Enabling Force Dark Mode For Google Chrome On Website
Some of the websites have there own dark modes. That gets enabled automatically when a user uses dark mode on Chrome. But some users complain that sometimes the modes are not applied. Especially for these users browser can ‘force’ dark mode by inverting specific colours. There is only one problem in this, that feature is not yet fully implemented. So a user may not find it on the options menu.
But still, you need to change the setting and implement it then visit chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark and flip the switch to ‘enabled’.
By doing this procedure, you may see that Chrome will automatically get change into dark mode. In this dark mode, Chrome will change specific colours to match it with other colours. Some users complain that their website and Chrome aren’t looking perfect, and some websites are not looking appropriate. So don’t get worried these are common issues, it gets solved over time. However, the functions work correctly. Still, Google is working on the dark mode for the browser for all platforms so that users may obtain a whole new level of features.