Dropping calls has always been an issue with iPhone users but lately, with the introduction of iOS 13, the issue has increased variably. The issue was with a bug in Apple’s update which trigged this problem to its extreme position. A lot many people are visiting the store because of this issue. So here we are with some tips on how to stop dropping call on your iPhone to the minimum amount possible.
Reasons for Dropping Calls on iPhone
Call drop happens due to many factors out of which many factors are uncontrollable such as:
- Out of range: If your phone is not in range of any nearby tower then you might experience call drop while the network tries to switch towers.
- No reception: A call can drop a lot if your area is not receiving the proper amount of signals.
- Phone antenna damage: If your phone has experienced any damage to the internal antenna due to any external hit or fall, then it has an adverse effect on call to drop.
- Faulty Software: If the update is making the call to drop then it is due to the software updates.
Fix for Dropping Call issue
Dropping call issues can annoy you when you are in the middle of a very important conversation and you face this problem. Some of these problems are out of our hand and we cant rectify that, such as the tower related problem for coverage is something that can only be handled by Network companies. Lately, the OS update on the phone has trigged the setting to be affected by the “Bug” and hence a lot many reported complaints on call dropping. There is some setting that needs to be disabled on the phone for narrowing down this issue. So below mentioned points will surely help you fix or minimize the call dropping issue.
- Updated Software: Several updates have been released from Apple after iOS 13 whose main purpose was to fix those bugs. So it is quite important for you to update your phone to the latest software possible. You can find that setting in Settings ~> Software Update. Search for an update and if available update it. One more thing to remember is that to enable Automatic Updates to keep your phone updated to the latest OS automatically.
- Silence Unkown Callers: iOS 13 gave a new option called Silence Unkown Callers that silence calls from all unknown callers. It surely helps a lot in reducing the Spam callers but many users have discovered that disabling this setting could help with dropping call issues. This may or may not fix your problem but still trying won’t cost you a penny. If you want to know where to find these settings then follow Settings ~>Phone ~>Silence Unknown Callers and disable it.
- Carrier Settings: Carrier plays an important role in every phone because they are the medium for any calls that you receive on your phone. Sometimes your OS and other settings are not responsible for the call dropping issues but the carrier can be. Sometimes they update their settings and we never get notification about those updates. So this is an important step for you, just go to Settings ~>General ~>About and check whether there is an update pending for any carrier end. If yes then update it and your problem will surely be taken care of.
- Reset Network Settings: Your network setting holds information related to Wi-Fi and cellular data. If you are going to reset these settings then surely the phone will be reset to factory settings for network settings. Doing this will surely help to reduce or clear out the call dropping issue faced on iPhone. So it is the best-recommended step for rectifying the connection error. But do keep in mind that the saved settings and passwords would be lost so renter your important Wi-Fi passwords.
- Disable call forwarding: Call forwarding is an important feature that is used by maximum people and this feature lets you transfer your call to another number according to the condition you have selected. But many users have found that disabling call forwarding can reduce the dropping issues on your iPhone. So if you are using this feature then disable it and again check with the calls and find out for yourself. Disable and enabling this feature is done through code *73. You can also check additional options related to call forwarding by finding the appropriate code in the carrier service list: Settings ~>Cellular ~>Carrier Services.
- Changing Network Bands: Calls are dropped due to many reasons and one of them is poor network quality. Network quality determines the call quality and clarity and if you are facing a problem then it’s better to change the network band. Yes, you can change the network band of your selected sim. All you need to do is go to Settings ~>Cellular ~>Cellular Data Options ~>Voice & Data and select the best band accordingly and use it. You may notice the improvement in call quality and it is one of the best ways to counter the problems with call dropping. Below mentioned are the bands from which you can select from:
- LTE, VoLTE On
- LTE, VoLTE Off
Hopefully, the above-mentioned tricks may work in your favor and you may face less amount of call dropping issue. The signal strength also plays vital roles in determining the call quality so always check for the signal strength before performing the above steps.