Storage technology has made many advancements in the last decade. Once the storage unit was same as the size of the room. But as the technology improved the size became smaller and storage size became bigger. The Pen drive is quite extensively used in the current generation as the means of information sharing and data sharing. pen drive is optical drives that store the data in binary format as every other storage device. But sometimes the pen drive creates problems when used on a higher frequency. Sometime it may lead to data corruption and sometimes it create bad sectors.
The bad sectors are usually formed due to electrical interference in the drive or if the pen drive is ejected without proper instructions. Usually, we don’t have the time to stop the mass storage controller bus for the external drive and eject them and this usually tends to create problem with data corruptions too.
So some of the steps to save your corrupted pendrives are as follows.
So usually the best way to correct the corrupted Pendrive is usually by formatting it. Steps for formatting a Pendrive:
- Connect the Pendrive.
- Open My Computer and right-click on that particular drive where pen-drive’s name is shown.
- In Options List you will find the format option click on it.
- It will ask you for quick format or normal format.
- Go for normal and wait.
- It should solve the problem with corrupted pendrive else follow the next steps.
Also Read: How to Fix Dropping Call Issues on Iphone
Usually, the corrupted Pendrive can be repaired from above-mentioned steps, but sometimes it may not work and you can try the next steps.
- Select the Drive with Pendrive and right-click it.
- You will find the properties in the dropdown menu, select it.
- Go to tools and click on the error-checking tool.
- It will try to find the bad sectors on your Pendrive and it will try to automatically fix it.
Also Read: How To Transfer Your Files To A New PC
Through Command Prompt
The above steps are quite useful when you are not familiar with the CMD commands. If the above-mentioned steps didn’t work for you then you can have a go for the final but most effective steps to correct a corrupted Pendrive.
- Open cmd (windows+R) and type cmd
- Type diskpart and press enter.
- After execution of diskpart type list disk and press enter
- List disk will show the drives connected to your PC.
- Select the required disk through select disk#.
- type Clean and press enter.
- Now the main command comes in create partition primary and press enter
- After creating primary partition, select the format which can be fat32, ntfs, exfat, etc. Command for doing that is format fs=ntfs/fat32/exfat/etc. Here any one the format has to be used. Please note that this step takes time so wait for the command to complete execute itself.
- Type assign to create a drive letter and press enter.
- Type exit.
After following the above mentioned steps your pendrive is now as fresh as new to be used and the data corruption problem will be completely removed from it. The cmd steps enable the pendrive to remove the bad sectors and make it ready for long time use.
Also Read: How to Setup VPN For Android Devices
Hope these steps would help you solve the pendrive problem. You can find many interesting post related to these and other problem on our site, so do check them out.