Transferring files to the computer is always a headache for the user. How to transfer your files to a new PC, what is the safest way to do the transfer. Or should I use a file transfer tool? These are some questions that irritate users. Now there are different versions of windows available. If someone purchases a new laptop the first thing a user may do is to copy the data of old laptop to new. There are many ways to transfer a file but the most trusted ones are mentioned in this article.
There are many file transfer tools available for free. But be careful while using them. Many software that is available for free is not trusted. It can carry a virus and trojan that can be harmful to your PC. First of all, we will talk about the built-in tools that is available for Windows and in Mac OS. So here is some of the tools for how to transfer your files to a new PC:
How To Transfer Your Files To A New PC In Windows?
Microsoft has his tool that is known as “Windows Easy Transfer”. This is a software that is pre-installed in Windows. It is a specialized file transfer program that uses the Windows operating system to transfer the personal files and settings from a computer to another computer. Well, Windows Easy Transfer get discontinued from Windows 10 OS due to some internal problem.
But if you are carrying old OS of windows then it may be helpful for you. Whereas now Microsoft is shipping PC Mover Express with Windows 10. The process to transfer files is given below:
- Log into your PC.
- Make sure both the PC is connected.
- Select Start ~ getting started ~ transfer your files.
- It will ask you some questions, how do you want to transfer your files.
- If you want to select only certain kinds of data, click the Customize link.
- Click Transfer.
How To Transfer Your Files To A New PC In Mac?
Apple offers migration tools that is built-in Mac OS, that helps you to migrate your important data from old Mac to a new Mac. Through this software, you can also transfer your data to the new Windows PC. The user just needs to download the Windows Migration Assistant from Apple to launch it. After complete installation, you just need to select what all information is needed for how to transfer your files to a new PC. After selecting and completing all procedures a user can easily transfer all the data.
Use An External Drive
Using an external drive is said to be the option for transferring all your data. A user can easily back up all the data and store at one place. This is the easiest and quickest way to transfer the data from one PC to another, without even purchasing some other software for data transfer.
The process to transfer your data is given below:
- All you have to do is connect your external drive to your new computer.
- The computer will show the connection established pop-up.
- Select the files that needed to be transferred.
- Copy all your data to the desired location in your new computer.
- If your external drive has USB 3.0 port then connect it in your computer USB 3.0 port for better connection and speed.
Cloud Drive Is Also A Good Option
Nowaday’s usage of the cloud is increasing drastically. Everyone is shorting on storage, so it is a good option to make all your storage on the cloud. Even in today’s world every information is digital and can be accessed in seconds. Another great aspect is that the cloud is giving you unlimited storage with no limitation. Services like Google Drive, One Drive, etc is the key member for providing storage to users. So making a back-up in clouds is a good option, below are some steps for transferring data through clouds:
- Firstly upload all your data to Google Drive or One Drive.
- Log into your account from your new PC.
- Select all your files for transfer ~ in tour app select download files.
- All the selected files will be downloaded in your new PC.
Use A Transfer Cable
USB data transfer is an old method but a powerful one. People use to do such transfer but now after external drives and cloud storage, this cable transfer is not so common. By the way, it is a great way to transfer your data from one computer to another. It is a small data circuit in the middle of two computers allowing it to transfer the data. One of the key features is that it is faster than the external drive, as it is copying data directly from the computer. And copy and paste is happening simultaneously.
If you don’t have a disk or cloud storage and running out of space then transfer cables are beneficial. As it is not taking space for storage. Steps to transfer your files is mentioned below:
- Switch ON both the PC ~ connect both of them with the USB cable.
- Open Windows Easy Transfer.
- Choose all your files and data for transfer ~ follow all the commands and click OK.
- All the files will be transferred to another connected PC.
Another most famous procedure to store and transfer your data is to back-up the data. Back-up should be made frequently so that data can be secured. You can easily purchase a well-trusted software or can download from the internet. You can easily apply this software to back-up your data for free, some steps:
- Connect a USB drive or an external drive 3.0 to your PC and start your back-up software.
- Open the software and choose the file backup option.
- Please select the data ~ then click the browse button to insert the destination of your back-up.
- Select an external disk or USB drive as a destination.
- Then finally click on Proceed button to execute the task.
- All your data will be stored in the USB drive as a back-up.