As we all know that Microsoft has now cancelled the support for Windows 7 and for its different versions. So now as a user what will you do continue your work on a genuine operating system? Don’t worry we will help you out in this situation. Just read the entire article till the end and we will let you know the best way to switch on Windows 10.
Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft. The latest operating system is loaded with tons of features that are very useful in day to day life. There are many applications and software that only runs on Windows 10, slowly-slowly Microsoft is modifying their software and applications. Due to this modification software runs only on genuine Windows 10. Microsoft is taking such a step so that most of his users may use Windows 10, as the new OS is more user-friendly. When the company released the new Windows 10, they allowed everyone to download it for free, on their official website, a link was hosted.
As soon as the new OS was introduced everyone bolted on the website and downloaded it. However, there were few users who didn’t upgrade their OS. Still, there are few people who are using pirated version of Windows OS. A user should never use a pirated version of any software, due to this you can never enjoy features of a premium OS.
However, the process to download the new OS is very simple. Even the OS is also very easy and simple to use. It is claimed that Windows 10 is easier to navigate in comparison to Windows 8, 8.1 & 7. Windows 10 was launched in 2015, then you might be thinking that as of now the time has passed and you may not download it. But don’t worry there is a way through which you can still go for Windows 10.
Also read: How To Transfer Your Files To A New PC
So follows these steps to upgrade to Windows 10:
How to upgrade to Windows 10
Actually there are two main steps to upgrade it, one is on the hardware level and another is on the software level. First, let’s see how hardware plays its role.
Step 1: Check Your Hardware Requirement:
Windows 10 is not a simple OS, it is new and powered with new features. However, to install Windows 10 you may need these system configurations:
- Internet connection: Some versions of Windows 10 may require an internet connection during setup.
- GPU: DirectX 9 compatible or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- CPU: 1GHz or faster-supported processor.
- RAM: 1GB for Windows 10 32-bit or 2GB for Windows 10 64-bit.
- Storage: 32GB of space or more.
- Display: 800×600 resolution or greater.
- CPU: 2GHz dual-core processor.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Storage: 160GB of space.
Step 2: Go for Windows Media Creation Tool
Here you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Microsoft official website then under the create Windows 10 installation media, click on “Download tool now”.
- So after downloading, Run the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- After a couple of minutes, a window will appear, asking “What do you want to do”?
- There will be two options Upgrade your PC & Create installation media.
- Select “Upgrade your PC” ~ and follow all the necessary steps.
- Later you will be asked to keep your necessary applications and files throughout the process.
- After following all commands, just enter your Windows 7 or 8 genuine license key ~ now your OS will be updated to Windows 10.
Also read: The Best Antivirus Protection For Your PC
So these were the steps to update your Windows 7 or 8 to the new Windows 10. The only thing you need is your genuine license key and then you are all set to enjoy it. Hope these steps have helped you in upgrading your Operating System. For more technology-related stuff do visit Cell Opera.