After the fight between India and China on Ladakh Borders, the secret agency is on high alert. The National Security Agency has asked the government to block 52 mobile application which is being originated from China. Other than blocking the National Security Agency has also put forward a request to either ban the usage of these applications from India.
The main concern for this move was it is being noted that these applications are sending huge amounts of data from India to Chinese data servers and it is considered as a security and data breach. The lost of apps also include some of the famous apps such as TikTok, Vigo Video, WeChat, BigoLive, Shareit, UCNews, UC Browsers etc.
- TikTok, Vault-Hide, Vigo Video, Bigo Live, Weibo
- WeChat, SHAREit, UC News, UC Browser
- BeautyPlus, Xender, ClubFactory, Helo, LIKE
- Kwai, ROMWE, SHEIN, NewsDog, Photo Wonder
- APUS Browser, VivaVideo- QU Video Inc
- Perfect Corp, CM Browser, Virus Cleaner (Hi Security Lab)
- Mi Community, DU recorder, YouCam Makeup
- Mi Store, 360 Security, DU Battery Saver, DU Browser
- DU Cleaner, DU Privacy, Clean Master – Cheetah
- CacheClear DU apps studio, Baidu Translate, Baidu Map
- Wonder Camera, ES File Explorer, QQ International
- QQ Launcher, QQ Security Centre, QQ Player, QQ Music
- QQ Mail, QQ NewsFeed, WeSync, SelfieCity, Clash of Kings
- Mail Master, Mi Video call-Xiaomi, Parallel Space
During April the Home Ministry issued a warning about the usage of Zoom application on the Android platform. The advisory could be found on CERT-in website. Before India, many countries like Taiwan, United State of America, Germany has also banned this app in their region. After the advisory, the Zoom company has written to Indian Home Ministry that they are always working for the betterment of the user information and security.
Many apps compromise the security of the users and leaks their information for the sake of money. The concerns regarding these leaks have always troubled Indian government. There has always been a theory and proof that many Chinese developers deliberately makes a backdoor on the software for spying and leaking information to their Chinese servers. Many spyware has been found lately in many Chinese software which was installed on many users phones.
The security officials for cybercrime in India has asked people not to use these softwares and using them may leak their information to other countries. Software and Hardware related to Chinese company have always created concern in the kind of western countries. One more fact that is visible from this is that during any war situation these softwares could act as a trojan horse and may interfere with the communication service of India.