OnePlus 5T was a flagship killer launched on November 16. The phone had some promising features which made this phone a favourite among many. Some major highlights of the phone were Snapdragon 835 SoC which was latest at that time and a 6.01- inch display. The phone well tuned for performance but after that Android 9.0 update it became slow and people were looking for other options. Other options were flashing the phone with a new OS or just formatting it to a factory reset mode. But factory reset didn’t work well on the phone and it became slower with time. So the only option now left with it is to slash a different OS in it and for that, you need to unlock the bootloader. The steps described below will help you to unlock the bootloader and flash custom recoveries and ROM on your OnePlus 5T device.
Warning: “Unlocking Bootloader will void your warranty. Do this at your own risk. We can’t be HELD RESPONSIBLE for any mishappening while unlocking the bootloader.”
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device.
- Unlocking the bootloader does not void your OnePlus 5T warranty.
- Backup your Data before proceeding any further.
Steps for unlocking Bootloader for OnePlus 5T
- Enable the Developer Option on the device by Setting->About Phone-> Tapping build number 7 times.
- Now in Developer Option enable OEM unlocking option.
- Now enable Advanced Reboot in Developer Options.
- Boot the phone in FastBoot Mode by long-pressing the power key.
- Now if you have not installed Fastboot drivers on your system then install it from here.
- Now after installing Fastboot and minimal ADB driver. Go to the folder where they are installed and hold shift + right-click to open cmd window in the directory.
- if you are getting a PowerShell window while following this step, then don’t worry just type cmd on the address bar.
- Now type “fastboot devices” in cmd and press enter.
- If your device is connected then it will be shown in the list.
- Now type “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter.
- Now a new window will be shown on your phone.
- Now just select the Unlock The Bootloader option and you are good to go.
Unlocking Bootloader never voids the warranty on OnePlus devices. The device clock speed, ROM and Kernel could only be changed when its Bootloader is unlocked. So go ahead and try and experience a whole new environment with OnePlus 5T devices.
Also Read: How to Unlock Bootloader For OnePlus 7 Pro