OnePlus 7 was a flagship killer launched on 14th May 2019. The phone configuration itself speaks for the high-performance value that this heavy price phone holds under his hood. The specification goes something like having the Snapdragon 855 processor and has a pop-up camera for selfies. It takes on today’s biggest flagships, some of which cost over twice as much. Performance is great, and the display is the pretty and awesome part with 6.67-inch ‘Fluid AMOLED’ display. The phone looks and feels good too, and you can definitely show it off. It featured in three variant with 6GB RAM, 128 GB storage, 8GB RAM and 256 GB storage and 12GB RAM, 256 GB storage. The performance aspect of this phone has always been at the topmost level. But still if you want to get more out of this phone then it is easily possible by unlocking the bootloader and using more faster ROMS.
Warning: “Unlocking Bootloader will void your warranty. Do this at your own risk. We can’t be HELD RESPONSIBLE for any mishappening while unlocking the bootloader.”
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device.
- Unlocking the bootloader does not void your OnePlus 7 Pro’s warranty.
- Backup your Data before proceeding any further.
Steps for unlocking Bootloader for OnePlus 7 Pro
- Enable the Developer Option on the device by Setting->About Phone-> Tapping build number 7 times.
- Now in Developer Option enable OEM unlocking option.
- Now enable Advanced Reboot in Developer Options.
- Boot the phone in FastBoot Mode by long-pressing the power key.
- Now if you have not installed Fastboot drivers on your system then install it from here.
- Now after installing Fastboot and minimal ADB driver. Go to the folder where they are installed and hold shift + right-click to open cmd window in the directory.
- if you are getting a PowerShell window while following this step, then don’t worry just type cmd on the address bar.
- Now type “fastboot devices” in cmd and press enter.
- If your device is connected then it will be shown in the list.
- Now type “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter.
- Now a new window will be shown on your phone.
- Now just select the Unlock The Bootloader option and you are good to go.
Unlocking Bootloader never voids the warranty on OnePlus devices. The device clock speed, ROM and Kernel could only be changed when its Bootloader is unlocked. So go ahead and try and experience a whole new environment with OnePlus 6 devices.
Also Read: How to Unlock Bootloader For Realme X2 Pro